Download Press Release London, UK. 7 February 2017 – Integrated women’s health specialist and best-selling author Emma Cannon has announced the launch of her Fertile Retreats in beautiful Gascony, south west France. The week-long retreats will be held twice yearly – in Spring and Autumn – and will centre around Emma’s trademark combination of Chinese Medicine and acupuncture; relaxation; and nourishing, delicious food – all within the nurturing and calming atmosphere for which Emma is famous. Accommodation is a stunning 17th century barn conversion south of Toulouse in a rural village surrounded only by the sounds of birds and wildlife. There is a heated outdoor pool, sunbathing decks, wild fields, beautiful landscaped gardens and old barns. “The exquisite natural environment of our destination lends itself perfectly to the theme of these retreats,” notes Emma. “To be fertile is to be abundant; rich in resources; fruitful. The sense of peace and harmony of our surroundings helps to create a willingness to receive – be it happiness, love, greatness. Perhaps you wish to be more fertile to conceive a child or to bring more creativity and abundance into your life. If so; these retreats are for you.” Each Fertile Retreat will be hosted by Emma, who will introduce guests to her five pillars of a fertile life – Flexibility, Creativity, Nourishment, Transformation and Belief – and support each of them through the process with acupuncture and her expertise in Chinese medicine. Emma will be joined on each Fertile Retreat by a team handpicked by her, including holistic therapists and a registered nutritionist. Guests will enjoy a balanced, nutritious and delicious diet that compliments both the inner and outer climate. Comments Emma, “Our approach to food comes from a place of enjoyment, creativity and joy and not a place of lacking like so many current dietary trends.” Each exclusive retreat has a capacity of just eight women, ensuring that every guest receives an individually tailored experience and plenty of time with Emma and her team. Booking currently being taken for the first Fertile Retreat, from 16th – 21st June, 2017. Prices start from £1950 inc. VAT (not including flights). To express an interest in this, or future Fertile Retreats, contact the Emma Cannon Clinic via email@example.com "The retreat was magical. I left feeling very grounded and rejuvenated...physically, emotionally and spiritually." Anna, attended retreat with Emma in 2016. The Fertile Retreat is an opportunity to experience in person the philosophy of Emma’s new book; FERTILE, published by Vermillion, 2nd March 2017. This beautifully photographed and illustrated hardback book contains a wealth of practical advice and information coupled with a raft of nourishing and delicious recipes by nutritionist Victoria Wells. The book is ultimately an inspiring celebration of life and food, of passion, pleasure, emotion and creation – the intrinsically linked key factors for creating a baby. FERTILE is the perfect read for every modern woman thinking about having a baby, perhaps one day on the horizon or maybe trying to conceive right now. ****ENDS*** Press contact: For further information please contact: Louise Foglia on 07769 658261 / firstname.lastname@example.org Notes to Editors:
- Author of four best-selling books about fertility and pregnancy, including 'The Baby Making Bible', Emma Cannon is an integrated fertility and women's health expert and registered acupuncturist, and a mentor and speaker. She is founder of Emma Cannon Clinic in Chelsea, London, from where she has helped countless patients achieve their dream of having a family. Her new book FERTILE is published by Vermillion, 2nd March 2017.
- In October 2016 Emma was a speaker for TedX Covent Garden Women on the subject of fertility. Watch her TedX talk here... It’s About Time We Valued Being Fertile | Emma Cannon | TEDxCoventGardenWomen - YouTube
- Emma holds a Bachelor of Science with a first class honours in clinical work and is a member of the British Acupuncture Council and The College of Medicine. She has attended training with The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in The Management and Treatment of Infertility. She is also a graduate of the School for Wizards and the Ginger ‘Inspiring Speakers’ Programme. She writes regularly for Natural Health Magazine and The Huffington Post and has contributed to many newspapers, magazines and radio programmes.
- For over 20 years Emma has worked closely with western medical practitioners and believes a combination of conventional and complementary approaches helps patients the most. Emma is known for her expertise in fertility but she also sees women during pregnancy, post-partum and the menopause.
- Renowned consultant gynaecologist based at The Princess Grace Hospital, Adrian Lower works closely with Emma Cannon and says of her unique approach; "Emma Cannon is a powerful healer who has a significant impact on all those who come into contact with her. With her roots in Eastern Medicine, she has developed a very sophisticated understanding of the problems of fertility and established a network of complementary and conventional medical practitioners who share her passion for an integrated approach; together they provide a remarkable synthesis of care."
- Emma has developed particular interest and expertise regarding the impact of the environment, stress and lifestyle choices on both male and female infertility. The Journal of Chinese Medicine published her acclaimed article, How to Optimise and Preserve Fertility; Current Research, Lifestyle Choices and Chinese Medicine.